When I was in my 20’s, I weighed 130lbs. In order to lose weight, I tried all different ways, long distance walk in the blistering sun, diet on boiled pumpkin for 10 days, staying awake for 3 days in order to burn more calories etc …. when you knew nothing about your body and how food works in your body, all the dumb efforts came to no avail.
In desperation, by the twist of luck, I stumbled on some books about healthy eating and living, which heralded in my age of enlightenment. My weight problem got quickly under control. Looking back, I am grateful for those struggling years, they only make me appreciate more who and how I am today.
Fast forward to now, doctors, scientists and dietitians have developed more effective weight management regime, there are easy weight loss tips online, Keto Diet is one of which not only helps you lose weight, but also makes you get less hungry and provides steady energy.
What is Keto diet? Here is what Keto diet composes :
A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. It’s referred to as many different names – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc.
Do Not Eat
- Grains – wheat, corn, rice, cereal, etc.
- Sugar – honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.
- Fruit – apples, bananas, oranges, etc.
- Tubers – potato, yams, etc.
- Meats – fish, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs, etc.
- Leafy Greens – spinach, kale, etc.
- Above ground vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- High Fat Dairy – hard cheeses, high fat cream, butter, etc.
- Nuts and seeds – macadamias, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Avocado and berries – raspberries, blackberries, and other low glycemic impact berries
- Sweeteners – stevia, erythritol, monk fruit
- Other fats – coconut oil, high-fat salad dressing, saturated fats, etc.
How Keto Diet Works?
When you eat something high in carbs, your body will produce glucose and insulin.Since the glucose is being used as a primary energy, your fats are not needed and are therefore stored. Typically on a normal, higher carbohydrate diet, the body will use glucose as the main form of energy. By lowering the intake of carbs, the body is induced into a state known as ketosis.
Ketosis is a natural process the body initiates to help us survive when food intake is low. During this state, we produce ketones, which are produced from the breakdown of fats in the liver.
Our bodies are extremely adaptive to what you eat – when you overload it with fats (healthy fats) and cut off carbohydrates, it will begin to burn ketones as the primary energy source and your body will turn into a fat burning maching which means, you start losing weight, fast!
Benefits of Keto Diet:
- Weight loss
- Skin improvement
- Better blood sugar, blood pressure and cholestrol
- Increased energy
- Better mental focus and more ….
If you are interested in Keto diet regime, google and read more related articles or download some Keto diet plan. I sincerely wish you a better physique and health, it is made all possible in Keto diet!
Some useful links: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto