With temperature climbing up, you oily skin start looking shiny . It is due to overproduction of sebum from sebaceous glands. Oily skin is not totally a bad thing, cause sebum helps protect and moisturize your skin and keep your hair shiny and healthy. But too much oil in the skin will clog pores and cause acne and other facial conditions. Need skin care tips for summer ? check out the following 8 tips for oily skin.
- Wash face twice a day with foaming cleanser or gentle glycerin soap: Do not use oil cleanser, for it will lead to more oil on the skin. foam is more effective to wash away the excessive oil. Best to wash your face before bedtime and in the morning.
2. Use Oil-Free Cosmetics: Yes, oily skin need oil-free treatment. Foundations that are oil-free and mattifying can also help to minimize shine.
3. Stop makeup sliding with a primer: primer is a must for foundation to cling to rather than slipping from your face (Jeunesse NV Primer is the ideal product you will want to try), if you have oily skin, choose a good quality primer to bring out your stunning beauty.
4. Apply oatmeal mask once a week: Oatmeal helps calm inflamed skin and absorb excess oil. It also helps exfoliate dead skin. Oatmeal, when used in facial masks, is usually ground. It can be combined with yogurt, honey, or mashed fruit such as bananas and apples
5. Eat a lighter diet: Limit foods that are processed, deep fried, spicy; avoid alcohol. those irritate food will cause more oil and acne . stick to fresh vegetable and fruits, it will help hydrate your skin.
6. Drink enough water: water is the best hydrating agent for oily skin, it leaves your skin a glowing suppleness.
7. Get 8 hours good sleep: make sure your bedtime is between 10-11pm, for this is the time your skin cells start regenerating. a lack of sleep will promote stress and that causes an increase in the substance cortisol in the body. Cortisol in turn, causes the skin to secrete more sebum, which results in oily skin.
8. Relieve stress: When a person becomes stressed, the level of the body’s stress hormone (cortisol) rises. This in turn causes an increase in oil production, which can lead to oily skin, acne and other related skin problems. So, relax, let everything go！