Does this happen to you? it definitely happens to me, eyebags, also called eye puffiness. when I am tired, eye puffiness appear under my eyes, mostly at night near bedtime (a sign sent by body that I need to get rest! ), sometimes in the day when I didn’t get a good sleep, or had too much salty food. They are an indication of stress and fatigue.
Cause of eyebags can either be unhealthy lifestyle or hereditary , it also comes as a result of aging process. When our eye bags are hereditary or from getting old, not too much can be done about it. but eye puffiness from bad living habits can surely get quick remedy. Here is what I like to share based on my experience, they are best way to get rid of your eye bags fast:
- Go potato: apply a thin slice of potato to your closed eyes and leave it there for 15 minutes, you will get an instant puffiness reduction.
- Cucumber remedy : use the freshly refrigerated cucumber, put 2 slice on your eyes for about 15-20 minutes. you can also cover whole face with cucumber slices, its anti-inflammatory power will give your eyes and face a glowing look!
- Milky treatment: Dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on your eyelids and relax for 20-30 minutes. This well help your eyes in water retention and it would also cool them off .
- Tea bag gets rid of eyebags: I like to use green tea bags(for green tea contains potent anti-oxidant substance). chill tea bags first , then apply gently to your close eyes for about 20 minutes,the natural properties of these herbal teas will help bring puffy eyes back to their original size.
- Go low on salt in diet: Over consumption of salt causes water retention in your body, cut back on salt will naturally stop you from getting eye puffiness.
- Hydrate your body: Drink as much water as possible to clean out your system. Yes, it sounds counter-intuitive when you are retaining water, but hydrating reduces puffiness. So drink a glass of water whenever you notice your eyes getting a little droopy.
- Vitamin E Oil :Add a few drops of vitamin E oil into chilled water contained in a bowl. Dip cotton pads into this mixture and place the cotton pads on the closed eyes for 15 minutes. Lie back and relax. This will help in reducing eyebags
- Ice cube : Wrap up ice cub with towel and apply to your closed eyes for 15 minutes, it will help eye puffiness go away too. wash face with cold water will also help to reduce eyebags
- Get a good sleep: During sleep, skin will start the self-repair mechanism. you always find your face glows after a good sleep, eye puffiness will also disappear.
- Eye gel with cucumber extract or other safe microcream will do the miracle too, it actually helps to get rid of your eyebags within a minute or 2 !